September 13, 2013

Masterpiece

Finally, the unveiling of the masterpiece bead project I spoke of a month or so ago. I had no idea what it was from or what it meant, but Ryan asked me to do it, so I did. It took me over a month and over 27,000 beads. Yes, 27 THOUSAND beads. I was able to do one to two full boards a night. Some were so beyond hard, I almost gave up. I dropped my tweezers on a few boards, causing all the beads to explode everywhere, and forcing me to start over. Despite the frustration for something I didn't even know anything about, I didn't give up. When I finally finished, I was so proud of myself...proud and not really sure what to do with myself anymore. I had no idea how I was going to get them all ironed and then put together as one, but somehow I managed to pull it off. It's now hanging proudly in the nerd cave. 

I did this too many times. Accidentally drop something on my tray, and it's like a bead explosion! 

It was like putting together a puzzle. 

All the squares put together, but not ironed

So, it was late at night, I didn't have any makeup on, I looked like crap, but I wanted a picture with my project before we hung it. I was standing with it proudly, when Ryan says "is that really what you want to look like in this picture?" This was my legit sad face as my feelings were hurt. Ha! Sometimes I love Ryan's lack of tact. 


No comments:

Post a Comment