September 19, 2013
Baby Pirates
Our band of pirates gained one more member this year. Last year on International Talk Like a Pirate Day, my mom took Lilly, dressed her up like a pirate, and took her to work. Little did I know, she also drew a pirate mustache on her face in PERMANENT MARKER! It was really hard to be mad at her for doing it, when I laughed every time I looked at my little pirate baby. It just made taking Lilly out in public really awkward.
This year, I subjected Joel to the pirate festivities. I warned Erin that the chances of Joel going home with a marker mustache were high, but that I'd try my best to protect him from the evil forces that are my mother. I dressed Lilly up in too-small black leggings and a black shirt. Her cute little tummy and tushy would hang out. When we got to my mom's house, I knew I was in for trouble when I saw the "Nice Booty" sign hanging in her yard. I was right. She went straight for the permanent markers. Lilly HATED it. Poor thing smelled like Sharpies all day. Next were the tattoos. I didn't know my mom had such a large stash of pirate tattoos. Lilly got a Jolly Roger tattoo on her arm, and, when my mom noticed her cute tushy hanging out every time she bent over, she ran to grab one more. Yep, you read that right. My MOM, Lilly's GRANDMA gave Lilly a "tramp stamp". Joel, on the other hand, was only subjected to a tattoo on his arm. Erin said no markers, but she didn't say anything about tattoos!
We packed up the babes and headed to mom's work. Everyone loved my little mustached baby. And can you imagine the laughs when we showed them Lilly's tushy tattoo? We even taught Lilly what a pirate says. "Adorable" doesn't even begin to describe my pirate baby. I sure hope she brightened a few days today. After going to the office, we ran to Kohl's to use some Kohl's Cash for Fall clothes for Lilly. We were able to get a ton of long sleeved onsies and hoodies for way cheap, thanks to mine and mom's combined coupons.
Anyway, today was a good day. I had fun with my mom. I just hope Drew and Erin don't ban me from ever seeing Joel again. I'm sure glad Ryan was the one that did the baby hand off today, since I didn't want to have to explain why their baby had his first tattoo. Ha!
| She was sleepy |
| This picture kills me. Poor Lilly getting her pirate booty taken |
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment