August 21, 2013

Mommy's Artist

I had a stroke of either genius or stupidity today when I thought it was a good idea to let Lilly try coloring with markers. I've been letting her color in her highchair at home, but that's only with the twisty crayons. The label on the markers said "washable," so I figured the worst that could happen would be that she needed a bath. Well, she definitely earned her bath tonight. She was being a bit cranky, so most of the coloring time was spent trying to hit mommy in the face with a marker. She took out her anger on the paper for the most part. Her onsie may not survive the experience (I won't know until I do laundry tomorrow), but I think she enjoyed herself. She did, however, figure out how to put the caps on and off. I may regret this decision in the long run, when she discovers my stash of markers and pens, and takes it upon herself to color on any and all surfaces. 




She was just as colorful as the paper. 

Her masterpiece! Yes, I put it in her baby book.


No comments:

Post a Comment