July 30, 2013

Pixel Geex

Okay, so, do you remember way back when, when I told you about the new beading hobby that Ryan and I were taking up? I realize I haven't posted on anything that we've done, and there was a reason why. First being that I was terrible at getting around to it, and second was that I wanted to wait for our website to be done. Ryan and I have spent months and months, and countless hours beading away. Most of what Ryan asks me to bead is foreign to me, since I'm not as much of a nerd, but I enjoy it enough to not really care what I make.

Anyway, the sole intent behind starting this hobby was to begin a company. I would like to introduce you to PixelGeex! Yep, Ryan and are are those geeks. I thought of the name, and Ryan handled the rest. He's been working his butt off on our website, and it finally launched yesterday. Now we just have to start our Etsy store, and we'll be good. We'd love it if you'd visit and browse around. Click here to behold its glory!

Behind the scenes, our house has completely changed. The office is literally ceiling to floor bead projects. Our kitchen now stores the beads, and both of our areas around the bed are littered with our beading supplies. We got nifty clip-on lamps from IKEA, and I got a cute, monogrammed duffle bag for carrying my jars...oh yeah, the jars. I had to get 60 spice jars from IKEA!

We love this hobby, and we really do hope that others will help us keep it alive. My favorite thing to do each night is hop in bed, turn on a show, and bead away. I'm currently working on a project that Ryan gave me. It's going to take 72 peg boards. THAT'S GINORMOUS! Each pegboard is about the size of a napkin. I'm estimating that it'll take me at least a month to do, if not longer...and if I don't decide to kill someone first...It's so nice to have a hobby that Ryan and I are so passionate about. We get to be nerds together! I'll occasionally post pictures of projects we've done, just to keep everyone in the loop.


Here are some of our favorite projects so far....




Buffy characters
I made Ryan a Companion Cube tissue box

This is the project that I made for Ryan's dad. It's MASSIVE! It only took me one night (about 4 hours) to do!! It stands about 2 feet tall, and took 6 peg boards to complete. 

I'm pretty proud of this one. I couldn't find any pictures of perler xbox controllers online, so I made this design myself.  And of course I had to make a pink one for me, since the controller I always play with is pink.


These were my projects. I'd be surprised if someone could name them all....Starting from the top: Labrynth, Disney princesses, Big Bang Theory, Buffy, Princess Bride, Arrested Developement.

Ryan's been a busy boy! I particularly like all of the mini Star Wars characters. Oh, and let me note that we still have a ton of projects that are done, but have yet to be hung. We may not even have enough room. When we finally get a house, I'm sure we'll have a nerd cave, wallpapered in beads. 


Another one of my projects is to do all 150 original Pokemon characters. Now, please remember that Ryan and I are trying to please our fellow geeks, and we in no way actually like Pokemon that much. 

I only hang my favorites around my desk. I didn't want to infringe too much on Ryan's wall space, since he kind of a has a vision....Bottom left is Edward and a Pinterest logo. I thought the Hello Kitty was cute, and, of course, an Ewok. 

I'm in charge of bead inventory. I send Ryan monthly bead counts, so he knows how many to order. 

My bead bag. 
This is what the typical order looks like. It's shocking, really.

"How the heck did all of that fit in there? Oh well, can I play in it now?"

I didn't know where to store all of the extra bags of beads, so I got creative. This is hanging on the back of the office door, and it surprisingly holds the exact amount of colors that we have. 

Ryan's baby food jars and bag.
All of my pretty jars.
These lights are seriously some of the best things we've bought. 






No comments:

Post a Comment