I've officially survived week #1 of having 2 kids to watch after. Surprisingly, the days that I babysit for Emma are actually easier than I'd thought they would be. Elsa is such a great help! She would hold Joel all day if I let her. The hard part is that Ben is potty training right now, so I'm constantly in and out of the bathroom with him, changing wet clothes, and trying to keep everyone somewhat quiet while the baby is sleeping.
Friday night came, and we were set to go to Ryan's parent's house the next day for the weekend. I had to be honest with Ryan and ask if I could sit that one out. My mind and body needed a break from babies. He understood, and he and Lilly went up without me. I had two days alone, and it was glorious! It was so quiet. I even got in a few naps. I think I just need a breather every once in a while, because I stress myself out about babysitting, way more than I need to. The break came just in time for me to watch two sick/teething babies yesterday.
Oh yeah, funny story! So, Friday night we were all in the living room, discussing what we wanted for dinner, when suddenly there was a knock at the door. A sweet lady was standing there with a pan full of food. She says "how's the new baby?" I was like, "uhhhh". I was mortified. I knew that people around the complex had seen me with Joel, but I didn't actually think any of them would think I had a baby and didn't tell anyone about it. I told her that Joel wasn't mine, and that I was just babysitting him. We talked for another very awkward minute or two, then she handed me the food and left. I just put it on the counter and sat down. A minute later, there was another knock on the door. It was her again. She was so embarrassed, but admitted that she delivered the food to the wrong Natalie. Apparently the woman who actually had a baby, did exist, and lived in another building, but in the same apartment number. I tried to make her feel better, and tell her that it was really okay. I gave back the food, and sent this poor, embarrassed woman on her way. Ha! For a second, I thought the ward really did think I had another baby. Phew!
Here are some pictures from the last week...
.JPG) |
| Ben and Adele wanted to brush my hair. |
.JPG) |
| And hit me with combs... |
.JPG) |
| Elsa found an old baby swing that they had in the basement. Joel fell right to sleep. |
.JPG) |
| He ate the whole jar of squash |
.JPG) |
| He liked sitting with her and looking at the laptop |
 |
| Lilly and her dang foot. |
.jpg) |
| Poor little guy keeps getting picked on. Priceless |
.jpg) |
| This picture freaks me out, but makes me laugh hysterically. Lilly was copying how I was patting Joel's back to burp him. |
 |
| Yesterday's grocery shopping trip was a tad bit difficult. I had to put the heavy stuff around the car seat or under the cart, and I put the light stuff on Joel's feet. Ha!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment