July 13, 2013

Last Chance to Decorate

So, from start to finish, I'd say the decorating of my dad's apartment was quite a success. We hit up Target, IKEA, and Ross. I didn't have to buy much, since he already had nice stuff. The issue was just that he didn't know where to put it. During my last few days in Seattle, I moved two bookcases from his spare bedroom/office, and put them into the living room. They were perfect for some picture frames, and some baskets for his movies. I think that was my favorite decorating decision that I made while there.

On Thursday, we hit up IKEA. Thank goodness Seattle had one. We went to dinner first, since Lilly wouldn't stop doing the sign for "food." He took me to what I assume is Seattle's version of Cafe Rio. I got the steak salad, and he got a pork burrito. Lilly ate most of his burrito. I have to say, the salad was only a fraction, a SMALL fraction, as good as Cafe Rio. I did, however, really enjoy the salsa bar that they had. The salsa that I got was so hot, it instantly made me sweat and super hot. Ha!

IKEA was fun. My dad has a bit of "Ryan Syndrome," where he either hates shopping, or just wants to get down to business. I love wandering and taking my time in IKEA, especially since I swear they had different inventory than our IKEA. I got a few things for me, but mostly focused on getting him some storage baskets and little trinkets to put on the shelves in the living room. He admitted when we left, that he actually really likes IKEA, and he intends on going back.

This shelf was so perfect! I haven't filled any of the frames yet...

Got that nifty lamp at IKEA. 

I got dad some really pretty candles for his coffee table. Lilly thought they made fun stacking blocks.



The IKEA loot.
This fed me for 4 meals 
Lilly is my little sponge! She's picked up how to say "baby," "no no," she meows like a cat, growls like a bear, gives lots of hugs and kisses now. It's so fun to see her learn and develop each day!! While at my dad's, her favorite commercial was the Meow Mix commercial. She loved to dance and meow with the song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment