June 1, 2013

Epic Yard Sale

Today was a very, very long day, a very important, long day, so I'm going to break the post up into two. I'll start from the beginning. I pried my eyes open at 6 AM this morning in preparation for the day. We were to meet up at my mom's house for the epic neighborhood-wide yard sale that was taking place. I've heard legendary stories about all the great finds at this annual event, so we decided to go this year. We scored, too! The first house we went to, we found two brand-new, super cushiony office chairs. The lady said that they were from a doctor's office, hardly used, originally $180. I was expecting her to ask for that much in return. When she said $5 for each, my jaw dropped. SOLD! Ryan and I have both been needing new desk chairs for so long. These were meant to be! And may I just say, perfect timing with buying a new SUV. It made hauling around funiture so easy!

Some other finds were brand-new damask picture frames from Target (how could I say no??), an IKEA coffee table for Erin and Drew, a knight nut cracker for Kevin, and lots of other odds and ends. Grandma spoiled Lilly whenever she could! We spent a good 3 or so hours walking the neighborhood. I'm not kidding when I say this thing was HUGE! As much as we would have loved to stay longer, we had to get going. We had a pre-graduation brunch to attend on the campus of Westminster...that'll be in the next post.

Lilly was far too happy for how early it was. Yesterday while babysitting, Adele started to pretend she was poking her own eyes, saying "ow, ow, ow, ow," and Lilly thought it was hysterical. I decided to see if she thought it was as funny when I did it, and she did. 

Oh nothing, just walking my monkey


Leave it to grandma to buy Lilly a mini cupcake, just big enough for her to shove all the way into her mouth.


Wiped out. Too bad this was the only nap she had all day

I'm going to paint the frame. My mom used to have one of these that said "Griffin" when we were little. They're actually quite expensive to get, but this only cost 50 cents.

To Lilly from Granny B. It says "birthday girl." Lilly's first Willow Tree figurine!!

1st frame. NEVER used. This probably cost $20 when they bought it, but I only paid $1.

And the other....

The large, pink pillow to the left is what I got for Lilly. She loves having pillows to snuggle and lay on, on the floor, so I got her very own pillow. She LOVES it. But the point of this picture was to show what I talked about a few days ago. We moved the living room around a bit over the Memorial Day weekend. We pushed the couch back against the wall, so now the room feels huge.

No comments:

Post a Comment