No, Ryan and I are not moving again. So help me, if I have to post about us having to go through another move any time soon, I'll lose it! This weekend, we helped Ryan's sister and her husband move into their new house. I was on baby duty, while everyone else was helping lug boxes around. Basically that entailed me getting shut in the basement with Lilly and Joel. I loved it! Granted, Lilly was super tired and cranky, and Joel was having a hard time napping with all of Lilly's whining, but what small amount of snuggles I got, I loved. We were with Erin and Drew from about 10-5...a LONG day. By the time we got home, Lilly and I both wanted to crash. Ryan wanted to make the evening extra special (his words, not mine), so he packed up Lilly and ran to Walmart to get some "stuff," as he puts it.
I took the opportunity to lay down and take a nap, hoping that Ryan would take his sweet time while at the store. Well, I crawled into bed at 6, and my sweet hubby just let me sleep....until 9 this morning!! He put Lilly to bed and handled everything. I feel bad that I ruined the "extra special" night that he was planning, but I so love him for letting me sleep. I didn't realize I was so tired. I returned the favor today, though. Ryan rarely takes naps. He's so NOT a nap person, so when he says he needs a nap, you know it's serious. So this afternoon, when he told me he needed a nap, I shooed him off to the bedroom for a nap. He didn't get up until a little after 5.
Oh, the best part about Erin and Drew moving?? They live literally right down the street now. We decided to have them over for dinner tonight. Mostly Ryan just wanted to use the new BBQ that his parents and grandparents got him as his graduation gift. It was a spontaneous decision, but luckily we had burgers and beans enough for everyone. He did a good job with the burgers! Hopefully we can have them over for dinner more often now that they live so close.
First, some pictures from babysitting on Friday.
.JPG) |
| I've been having a hard time keeping Lilly off the stairs, so I attempted to make a barrier with pillows. I thought I'd fooled her when she decided to have her lunch on them. |
.JPG) |
| If there are ever pillows or blankets on the floor, it's guaranteed that Lilly will lay out on them. |
.JPG) |
| I'm thinking I need to get her a baby stroller. |
.JPG) |
| Her new thing is sitting on everything...even my limbs. She just decided that my foot made a good chair. |
.JPG) |
| Daddy took her for a walk after work. He wanted to test out the new hiking backpack. We're gearing up for a weekend in Yellowstone in a few weeks. She fell asleep, so I think we can count that as an approval on Lilly's part. |
HELPING WITH THE MOVE
 |
| This is the only thing that I could think of to distract Lilly while we helped load everything up. |
 |
| Had to get a picture of her strawberry outfit |
 |
| SO tired. Snuggling Aunt Erin. |
 |
| She fell asleep mid snack. |
 |
| My favorite was that she still had a cookie grasped in her hand. |
 |
| Lilly decided to help unpack all the movies. |
 |
| My Joley-Poley |
No comments:
Post a Comment