Tuesday was mine and Ryan's 3rd anniversary of our first date. Most people make fun of me when I say that, but when you meet online, the first date is a really big deal. I'll never forget the first time I actually met Ryan. I opened our front door, and there stood the sexiest man I'd ever seen...and he was there for me! He very coyly leaned on one arm, against the side of the house, and said "hi." I'm so glad I remember it so vividly, because I love thinking back on it. If you would have told me then that 3 years down the road, we'd be happily married with a darling daughter, I would have been shocked. Enough mushy...
Tuesday was also Lilly's 1 year checkup. That was a very busy day for us. About 30 minutes before I had to leave for the doctor's appointment, I was scrambling around the house, trying to find Lilly's immunization record. I always just keep it in the top drawer of her dresser, but it was nowhere to be found. I literally took out every piece of clothing and threw them on the floor. Despite my best efforts, I had to leave without it. I still haven't found it, so that's on my list of things to do today. I know the doctor can make me a new one, but it would bother me if I lost the original...sorta sentimental in that way. Anyway, Lilly did really well at the appointment. She weighs 25 pounds and is a little over 30 inches long. He said she plateaued a little bit, which was a good thing, otherwise she'd be all sorts of too big. She had to get two more shots. She hated it, as always, but I gave her a sucker and she was all better...or so I thought.
She has never really reacted poorly to her shots, but I've definitely noticed a difference this time around. Maybe it's because she's walking, I don't know. But she was just lethargic and super cranky all day. We ran to the gym that evening, and when we went to pick her up from the daycare, they said that she spent most of the time crying, and they were about to come get me. The rest of the evening continued in that same fashion. She was so tired and seemed a little off. Yesterday, when we got her up, she was so out of it. She spent most of the day crying and being cranky, and I fully attribute that to the shots. Her injection sites were all swollen and red. Her morning nap lasted about 3 hours, and then she took an afternoon nap on me. I think we're past the worst of it, thank goodness.
Speaking of yesterday, it was a very long day for all of us. Ryan and I just didn't sleep well at all. The night before, we were over at a neighbor's house, playing board games. We may have stayed up a bit too late, but we both woke up feeling sick and SUPER groggy. I had expected the day to be terrible, with how tired I was and how cranky Lilly was, but it was fine. Lilly discovered the kids' mini camping chairs, and didn't want to get out of it once I sat her down in it. Ben slept from 1-5, and Adele didn't eat anymore coins, so that's a win in my book...After babysitting, we had Ryan's brother, Colton, over for pizza and gaming. No gym, since we weren't feeling so well. The boys ate and gamed while I put Lilly to bed, and then got to work on assembling my new desk that was delivered. I started assembling at about 7, and didn't get done until 11. I just wanted the desk assembled. Getting everything moved over from the old one was something I was fine doing today, but Ryan offered to get it all done, so we did. Probably not a good idea, considering we were both already so exhausted. But the desk is beautiful and I love it. My other one literally collapsed on us the last time we moved it, so I was starting to worry about Lilly being around it with how unstable it was.
Enough rambling. Gotta go get caught up on chores. Lilly's walking around with a flashlight (that's on) pointed in her face, so I better go save her eyesight. Ciao!
![]() |
| She loves to help me push the vacuum. |
![]() |
| This is how much fun we have when daddy comes home for lunch |
![]() |
| Prior to the doctor's appointment. She got a free sugar cookie. |
![]() |
| Watching Sesame Street in her new favorite chair |
![]() |
| Put it together all by myself! I HATE assembling stuff like this... |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment