At 4:00, all of us kids met up in the parking lot of an abandoned gas station down the street from my mom's house. Yeah, real secretive stuff here! Our little caravan of cars slowly drove over, everyone piled up inside my mom's living room, shooshing each other so we wouldn't give away the secret, and then sang "happy birthday" as we walked down into my mom's office. Ryan keeps asking me if she was really surprised or if she had us figured out beforehand, but I'm pretty sure she was surprised. I'd been telling her all weekend that we were going to be up in Layton today, so she was bummed she wouldn't see us. So when I walked in with Lilly, she got super excited.
On top of that, I got my stuff back from Color Me Mine. My plate didn't turn out exactly as I hoped it would. I was painting away, thinking my shading and usage of different tones would make a really pretty painting, but in reality, you can see all the stroke marks and the colors all just kind of blended together. I do like it though, because I made it with my mommy on her birthday. She also gave me the egg that she made for Lilly. It looks like a fabergé egg with all its ornate detailing. I'm going to put some pink ribbon on it and display it in Lilly's room. Thanks, mom!



No comments:
Post a Comment