Another year down, another 29th birthday for my mom. They tell men that if they want to know what their wife will look like in 20 years, to look at her mother. Well, Ryan's one lucky man, because my mom actually does still look 29! She's the sweetest, most loving, most supportive woman I know, and we're all lucky to have her. Lilly is especially lucky to have such an amazing example as her grandma. I don't feel like I should call her grandma, because that has a connotation of being old.
We were out and about today, so we decided to drop by her house to let her have her Lilly fill for a bit. They played with the dog, dug around the basement closet for Easter decorations, and then sat and played with Easter eggs. Nothing better to distract from work. After work, I met up with her at our favorite spot, Color Me Mine. It's a birthday tradition!! I painted a plate, and she did a vase and an Easter egg for Lilly. I already have my Fall plate, so, after however long it takes to finally do them all, I'd like to have one plate for each season. Today's was Spring. The bee was my mom's idea, and she ended up liking it so much, she made me put little bees all over her vase. As always, I can't wait to get them back! After Color Me Mine, I had my first TJ Maxx experience. Really we just wandered around while mom made Lilly laugh. It's always nice just to browse.
Anyway, happy birthday, mom! I sure do love you!
.jpg) |
| Yes, you're seeing this correctly. We were kind of in one of those moods where we didn't want to get out of our jammies today...so we didn't! |
.jpg) |
| Mom's laughing because Lilly kept dropping whatever egg she was playing with, just to take the eggs out of my mom's hands. Apparently mom's were more fun. |
.jpg) |
| This little stinker just likes to drop everything and watch mommy pick it up. |
.jpg) |
| So focused. |
.jpg) |
| I'm hoping the colors turn out. |
No comments:
Post a Comment