During my last trip to Disney Land with my mom, she made us stop by this little shop that would cut out silhouettes of each of us. I thought it was so cool that they looked exactly like us. Still to this day, I want to take my family to get them done. But then, while browsing Pinterest, it occurred to me that I didn't need to wait for that day to come. I could do them myself! I ran around the house, taking pictures of all of us (cats included), loaded them to the computer, sized them, traced them with Vellum (a translucent scrapbook paper), then cut them out over black scrapbook paper. The hardest part was getting Ryan's hair to look like hair instead of spikes. I actually really liked how Lilly's turned out. When I took her picture, she started to suck her thumb, so I decided to just go with it. Then I added a ribbon bow to make it obvious that she's a girl, and to make her huge head less noticeable. Haha! They're now proudly hanging above our dining room table.
Oh, and the punch line is that Ryan was legitimately mad at me for doing this so quickly. I started the project at about 7:30 last night, and finished by 8:30. When I finished, he goes "that was annoyingly fast." haha! I need to take on my projects a bit slower so that I don't run out so quickly. I'm thinking of taking pictures of the kids I babysit so that I can surprise their mom with some of these. Not sure yet.
 |
| From left to right, Junie, Willow, and Angel. It's really hard to get a side view picture of a cat. |
No comments:
Post a Comment