February 16, 2013

Productively Unproductive

Today must have been bipolar or something...I should know! I got up and was on a high. I showered, got dressed (usually both things that either don't happen or take a whole day to accomplish on the weekends), and had breakfast all before 9:30. Once Lilly was fed and napping, my high died. All of the sudden, I didn't really have motivation to do anything. I couldn't even take a nap. And trust me, I tried! I decided to get out of the house to run a few errands.

I made the mistake of going to Target. Dang store gets me every single time! I could wander for hours, putting all sorts of amazing things in my cart. I always have to stop to get Ryan his mandatory popcorn...in my mind, it's a small "don't be mad at me for how much money I spent" gesture. I make it sound worse than it is. I usually don't spend too much. I only give into the red, Target shirt-wearing devil who sits on my shoulder, every once in while. Today I went to get black baskets for the cube organizer in the living room, to exchange them for the colored ones I already had. I really loved the colored ones, but part of me was curious as to how much more mature our living room would look if the bins matched. Turns out, Ryan and I both liked the look of the black ones more. 

When we go to Target, it's mandatory that we get Ryan popcorn, and it's mandatory that I get to walk the home decor section (frames, mirrors, lamps, etc, etc). I made the mistake of wandering the decorative mirror aisle, and found a package of three mirrors that I just had to have. When I looked at the price, I knew they were meant to be. At that point, I had to force myself to leave. Once home, it only took me 3.5 seconds to hang the mirrors and put the new baskets in the organizer. I think they make the room look more unified. Now that my living room seems to be done, where decorating goes (okay, that's a lie, decorating never really ends), it was time to start the small bedroom project that I had planned.

We can thank Pinterest for this one. I wanted to put wooden letters that spelled out "Mr" and "Mrs" above mine and Ryan's lamps. I just couldn't find the right letters. While wandering Michael's the other day, I found the most adorable, cheap, already-painted, black letters that were perfect for the job. Now my dilemma is what else to put with them. To me, they look too plain all by themselves. I was thinking maybe decorative mirrors, or a small shelf, I don't know. I'm still pondering and looking around. No rush. I'll find it when I find it. 

The next "project" on the agenda was completely unplanned. Did anybody else adore the weather today? I loved it! It made me feel all Springy! I opened up all the curtains and cracked the windows, and suddenly, the OCD inside me just wanted to clean and reorganize. At one point, Ryan asked me what I wanted to do, and I told him "I just want to move furniture." I wasn't really entirely sure what furniture. He suggested a new layout for the office, so we went off on a spontaneous rearranging adventure. I remembered that I had some purple curtains stored away in the linen closet (intended for way back when, when I had wanted to do the living room in purple). I proposed putting them up, since it would be a fun, new change of color. The office is now very warm-looking. My corner is, as always, cluttered beyond repair. But I like it. Now we just need to get a house, so that I have more room for my decorating. Decorating an apartment just doesn't fill the void. 

I


Looks much more tidy to me. But I'm thinking I need to put our wedding picture elsewhere, because it looks too large for the space.


I think small mirrors would be cute. 
We moved my desk over by the window. 

I sure do love that color. 
Lilly's corner. The perfect nook to put her pack 'n play in.  


No comments:

Post a Comment