February 24, 2013

Lots-o-family

Today we were fortunate enough to visit both sides of the family. Sadly, not Ryan's parents, but we did get to see some of his siblings, which is awesome, too. First we went to my mom's house so that we could go to the homecoming of one of mine and Jack's high school friends. Lilly had a rough morning with her schedule. Despite being exhausted, she refused to take her morning nap. We were hoping she'd pass out in church, but she enjoyed being distracted with family and toys too much to fall asleep. Once back at mom's house, I had to endure everyone, including Lilly, eating pancakes, while I could have none. Ugh, that was hard. 

We ate and ran, in hopes that we could get Lilly home to take an afternoon nap before heading out to have dinner with Ryan's sister. Lilly slept during the 20 minute car ride, but not much else. Ryan and I were distracted with having the SECOND reserved-parking-spot-stealer of the day towed. Seriously, two in one day? After that debacle, we got to spend the evening with Erin, Drew, and baby Joel. We're so happy that he's out of the hospital and doing well. Dinner (the three bites that I was able to eat) was delicious, as always! Lilly wasn't too sure about their dog, Chester, but by the time we left, she was all giggles every time he licked her. One day they'll be buds, and Lilly can pick on him instead. Now, let's just hope Lilly's lack of sleep today will result in her sleeping in. Mommy would really enjoy that...

This was the first time she's been in our closet, and she immediately discovered the mirror. She gives herself kisses anytime she sees her reflection in a mirror. 

Does this flower make my head look big?

All ready for church. I decided to curl my hair, because I didn't feel like showering, and it was the only solution to get rid of my bed head. (I've been showering each night after I workout, so a shower before bed and right as I wake up, just feels like too many, I'm just sayin')

We just arrived at my mom's house. She was SO tired and shy. All she wanted was mommy cuddles. I can't complain. 



She sure does love grandma...and smacking her in the face.

Notice, if you will, that she is starting to get more hair. She's going to be a bleach blonde, just like I was when I was a baby. 
This video is of two things: 1) right off the bat, Lilly gives me a kiss. Those are my FAVORITE! 2) She started doing this scream thing when she's excited or you're playing with her. 
Her first taste of pancakes. I was so jealous. I would have given my left arm for just one bite.

Ryan and baby Joel. Erin, you're not making my baby fever any better. 

Lilly and Chester decided to ambush Ryan at the same time. 

Lilly with her uncle Colton. I thought it was cute the way she was quietly sitting in his lap. (And Chester photo-bombing) 

No comments:

Post a Comment