February 5, 2013

Baby's First Sign

Ever since Lilly was, I think, about 5 months old, I've been doing random baby signs, in hopes that one day she would know how to communicate with me. The one I worked the hardest on was the sign for "milk." I also do signs for "all done," "eat," "sleep," and "more." For her lunch time feeding, I give her a jar of baby food, and then I put her in the crib with 2 ounces of milk. I always peek around the corner of the kitchen, and, before showing her the bottle of milk, do the sign for it. She gets super excited and starts flailing her arms. Then I show her the milk, while continuing to slowly do the sign, so that she can see how I do it.

I was so proud of her the other day when she started doing it back. I wasn't sure at first, but then Ryan came in and was surprised too. I seriously can't describe how amazing it makes me feel. I taught her that. She's learning. And she's so smart! I can't wait to see what the next sign she pick up is. Right now she thinks the sign for "all done" is hilarious. 

Here's the proof. I HAD to get it on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment