January 2, 2013

Slipped My Mind

Last month, I ordered a few things for myself with my birthday money, and totally forgot about it. I ordered a damask Sentsy and two damask pillows. They were on backorder, so they wouldn't ship for who knows how long. I received a lovely late birthday present from myself today when two boxes showed up on my doorstep. Granted, the damask pillows are for the living room, and the pattern clashes heavily with the current pattern on the walls. I'll have to either put them in the bedroom, on the bed, or save them for when we get a house and I can change the theme of the living room. Either way, I don't think they look too bad for now. They're much larger and fluffier than the old ones. It's not like we have company or anyone who will see them, other than us, so who cares?

This evening was semi eventful for us. After grocery shopping, we came home to find that someone parked in our assigned parking spot, forcing us to park in the garage. That may not sound like a bad thing, but our garage, stupidly enough, is a LONG, cold, slippery walk away. We had to carry groceries in, which was just icing on the cake. We've had this happen only once before, but the people left before the tow truck could get here. I was, however, lucky enough to get to yell at the three teenagers that got into the car. This time the tow truck got here before they could move the car. Seriously, did they really think it was okay to just park wherever they wanted? I'd hate to be them when they wake up in the morning to find their car missing. 

After that fun was over, I ran inside to make Ryan dinner, while Lilly played on the floor. I made the mistake of leaving a laundry basket full of folded underwear on the floor. Not only do I HATE doing laundry, I hate having to take the time to fold our underwear into nice, little bundles. Lilly scooted right on over to the basket, tipped it on its side, and proceeded to unfold and flail all of the bundles onto the floor. If it wasn't so dang cute, I might have been mad. 



Happy towing!

"ooh, what's this?"

Ryan walked into the room to find Lilly destroying my hard work, and proceeded to clap and cheer her on.This is her clapping for herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment