I had my two week follow-up appointment today. After an annoyingly scary 1 1/2 hour drive in the snow, we finally arrived, just to have the doctor look at my incisions, answer two questions, and then leave. Less than 10 minutes! GRRRR. Everything is looking good, according to the doc. Lilly was, as always, a little star. She had on her new hoody with animal ears.
When we got home, while Lilly napped, I was SUPER bored, so I decided to make Ryan a batch of cookies. It's the least I could do for how well he's been taking care of me. Plus, if I didn't make cookies now, he would probably eat all of the chocolate chips before I'd get the chance. Yes, it was very difficult to not sneak a few bite of cookie dough, or several of the finished cookies. I just tried to stay focused on playing with the new mixer...which worked beautifully!!
When Ryan got home, I was moping about because it was my dinner time, but I didn't want to eat any of my diet food. Right now, all I can choose from is yogurt, beans, cottage cheese, or eggs. Yeah, BORING! And most of the time they make me sick, so I end up puking. After doing that so many times, a lot of my options make me queasy just to think about. We decided to go to the store to get a few things for me to try. Now that I think about it, I don't think I'm actually allowed to be eating what we got. Technically I think I have to wait until Thursday. But, then again, my surgery guide says I can, so I'm not sure. Anyway, I got some chicken thighs, and a bunch of veggies to make into a stir fry. I THINK I'm allowed to have chicken and veggies, as long as the veggies are cooked. No raw veggies for 6 weeks. I'd say the stir fry turned out very well. Ryan even had some...and seconds! I thought it was delicious until, two bites in, I threw up. Gosh! I'm SOOOO sick of throwing up. Just gotta take it slow. I think I ate too much, too fast. Maybe I'll just go have some yogurt.
Tomorrow I'm going to throw the rest of the chicken thighs into the crock pot with the fixings for Cafe Rio pork. Some shredded chicken and some black beans, maybe I can trick myself into thinking I'm actually eating Cafe Rio. When we were at the grocery store, I was on the hunt for Chick Pea flour. It's supposedly carb-free (I'm not allowed to have any carbs, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc, etc, for at least a year). I wanted to try my hand at making my own tortillas, but we couldn't find any. Dang. I'm just going to have to get more creative with my meals, so that they're more healthy and won't upset my poor tummy. I sure am going to miss my carbs, though.
![]() |
| I cooked the veggies with beef broth. I miss being able to put sauce on everything. |
![]() |
| I cooked the chicken with beef broth, minced garlic and ginger, and garlic powder. |








No comments:
Post a Comment