A little-known fact about my hubby, okay, maybe it's blatantly obvious, is that he's a huge fan of the Lord of the Rings books. When it was announced that they would be making The Hobbit into a movie, all I heard about and saw were clips from the set of the movie. The second tickets came out for early purchase, I think Ryan and his brothers were all sitting at their computers waiting to be the first to buy them for the midnight showing. Yes, you can count on us being at the midnight showing on the night of the 13th. Where will Lilly be? Sleeping over at grandma's. Ha!
In preparation for the movie, we had a big family get-together today to watch the Lord of the Rings movies. They were the extended versions, so 3 hour movies became about 4 hours each. Sheesh! I won't lie, I enjoyed it. I think I happen to love the movies (and hot actors) as much as Ryan. I almost didn't join in on the fun, though. I was so incredibly tired yesterday, and the migraine that my sleep deprivation gave me was making me rethink a long day of movie watching. But I'm glad I came. The first thing I did was run to Jan's massive tub for a hot bath. After dozing off in the tub several times, I realized I should probably just head to the bed to take a nap. And so I did. After about 3 hours, I started to feel guilty for ditching everyone, so I rejoined the party. But trust me when I say, I could definitely have slept through the night.
Lilly has been loving all of the attention from her uncles and grandparents. I sure do love my sweet, adorable girl. Who, by the way, has a tooth!! Just the tip of it is poking through, so it's not really worth getting a picture yet, but it's definitely there. And it hurts when she bites down on my fingers!
Grandpa gave her a newspaper to play with...suffice it to say, she sucked on it and ended up covering herself in black ink.
This is why Lilly loves her grandmas so much. They always feed her naughty stuff. In this case, apple butter.
She loves to chew on her toes when I change her diaper. I guess if that's what makes teething easier, be my guest.
She was so wiggly during her bath. Something about sink baths just make her so excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment