This year we get the pleasure of celebrating Christmas 3 times! Once with my family, once with Ryan's family, and this morning we celebrated as a new family of 3. Even though I told him not to, Ryan ended up getting me a few gifts...small gifts. First was (FINALLY) a bowed shower curtain rod. I hate showering in our tiny, cramped shower. Second was a bundle of items that have the pattern that I painted on the wall in the living room; a picture frame, a candle, and a candle holder. My hubby knows me so well! And third was a scale. Ha! When I opened it, I was like "what are you sayin', Ryan?!" I actually really wanted a scale, I was just surprised that Ryan read my mind, because I never told him. There are going to be LOTS of physical changes coming to Nanny this next year. This scale will come in handy.
I got Ryan a couple of things. One of which he can't open until Christmas. He saved one of mine for Christmas, too, so we both still have one more to open. Mine was lame, as my gifts always are. I got him a laptop case. It wasn't what I thought it was online, so I keep urging him to send it back and get one that he likes. I'm sure he'll like the other thing I got him. It's much more practical. As far as Lilly goes, well, sadly, we didn't really get her anything. I got her a nifty suctioned basket for the tub, to keep all her bath toys in, but I gave it to her early. She didn't seem to care. In fact, I think she was just as happy eating the wrapping paper as she was with an actual toy. Oh, and the poor thing is sick. She's teething hardcore again (getting the other bottom, center tooth), so she has a bad tushy rash on top of a runny nose. All she wants for Christmas is her other bottom tooth and not to be sick. Is that too much to ask for?
To keep on the Christmas theme, we decided to brave the mall to visit Santa. It was really important to me that we get a picture of Lilly with Santa. Ryan isn't one for going shopping, in fact, he HATES it, but it was his idea that we go. I had a bad morning and was throwing a bit of a fit, being stubborn and insisting that we just wouldn't go. But, as always, he sucked up the fact that he was going to have to do something he hated, just so that I would feel better. We both were secretly dreading the long line that we knew was waiting for us. I was actually surprised when we got there and found that it really wasn't that bad. I think it took us about an hour and a half of waiting in line and getting pictures. According to the people standing behind us, that was short compared to previous years. Lilly was all smiles and cuteness while we waited in line, but the second we handed her to Santa, she just shut down and stared at the camera. It probably had a lot to do with the fact that she had just pooped...yes, Lilly pooped while on Santa's lap. Does that mean she gets coal?
All in all, our first Christmas as a little family was very successful...and there's lots more to come.
 |
| Poor thing just doesn't feel good. That was about all the smile she could muster |
 |
| While wrapping Ryan's laptop bag, the strap fell out, and I didn't notice until I had fully wrapped the bag. So I just wrapped it seperately. When Ryan opened it, he assumed I had gotten him some sort of baby sling. He ended up clipping it to Lilly's belt loops and dangling her. Um, no, that's not what it's for, Ryan. |
 |
| My favorite design! They are going to look so cute on my entry way table. (I may have to get a few more of these frames) |
 |
| My new scale! |
 |
| It looks like she's saying "hi." Really she was just trying to clap. Yay for Santa! |
No comments:
Post a Comment