Christmas Eve this year started out like any other day. Ryan went into work for a half day, while I stayed home and cleaned and packed for Christmas at the in-law's. As the morning went on, I became more and more worried about driving for over an hour in blizzard conditions. I was really happy that I took the morning to pack so thoroughly, because the storm was getting so bad by the time Ryan got home, we just needed to leave. Suffice it to say, the drive was terrifying, as it was blizzarding the entire way, and most of the roads weren't plowed yet. We made it with no accidents, luckily.
That evening, as is Goodrich tradition, we went over to Ryan's aunt's house for some pizza and socializing. We just plopped Lilly down in the center of the room and enjoyed watching her clap, dance, and scoot along on her bum. After visiting, we went home for more snacks, some Christmas stories, and some Christmas song singing before everyone ran off to bed. I had a heck of a night sleeping, I'll tell ya. I always sleep terribly when I'm not in my own bed. Oh, and I was anxious...maybe because it was Christmas?!
I just love this picture. Lilly looking up at her great grandma, with great grandpa peeking around.
Walking to Aunt Erin
"You see his shoes?"
Giggles
Blowing raspberries or doing her impersonation of an elephant.
Clapping. She LOVES to clap now.
Boo!
Uncle Colton
Lilly didn't want to nap, she just wanted to play with Dolly. Turn up your sound a bit...
No comments:
Post a Comment