November 21, 2012

Travelling

I expected today to be exactly opposite of how it turned out. We got up at 3:30 (only 4 hours of sleep! 2 if you count the fact that I couldn't get back to sleep when I woke up at 2) and packed up baby for her first plane ride. Ryan and Jack have been insisting that she was going to scream the whole time and make everyone sitting around us wish they could jump out of the plane. But I did my research and learned that if you feed a baby a bottle at takeoff, the sucking makes their ears pop...it worked! She passed right out for the first hour of the flight. The rest of the flight, she sat on my tray table and played on daddy's iPad. When we landed, the people sitting behind us complimented her on how well she behaved. Proud mommy moment! The trip went off without a hitch...well, not really. Southwest broke our stroller. Turns out it still rolls fine, even when it's missing a wheel. Not looking forward to having to call customer service about that one!

It felt like we had been up all day and that it should be around 3 in the afternoon...it was only 8! We decided to spend the majority of the day at Pike's Market. I can't go to Seattle and not see Pike's. It was SUPER cold, so we wrapped Lilly up in every blanket we had, and she managed to stay toasty warm. In fact, she looked amazingly comfy. For second-breakfast, we stopped at our favorite little food stand to get the infamous Hombow! (it's a big, puffy roll, filled with BBQ Pork) For lunch, we met up with my cousin, Brian, and chatted for about 2 hours while eating yummy clam chowder.

If you can believe it, Lilly slept most of that time. She was so good today! We decided not to push our luck, and headed home. I was SO tired! We all passed out in the car on the way, and when we got home, Ry took over baby duty while I ran to my dad's huge bath tub to take a soak before my nap. It wasn't much of a nap, considering the fact that Lilly was downstairs talking the whole time. Just today she's started extreme baby chatter. Her noises sound so different and silly. It's adorable. And because of that, my nap was heavily interrupted. It's okay. At least she wasn't screaming. Other than that, the day was fantastic. Lilly enjoyed the cute, little high chair seat that grandpa got for her. She sat and chatted with us and smiled herself to death while we ate dinner.

Tomorrow we have another early morning, as we're driving 3 hours to Wenatchee. I can't wait for Lilly to finally meet all of the family. She finally gets to meet the grandma that she was named after. Definitely count on lots of pictures. But until then, I better get to bed. I'm beat.



She would smile every time we peeked in to see her. (Oh, and she loved her ND beanie!)

I didn't dare take her out in the freezing cold for the picture. But she's in the stroller, I swear!

She loves grandpa Griffin!

Meeting cousin Brian

I think this was actually the first time uncle Clay has gotten to hold her. He's living up in Seattle with my dad now, so I was really excited that she would finally get to spend some time with him.

It's so little! She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment