Gosh, I must not be feeling well or something, because I didn't take any pictures again. Sorry!
November 15, 2012
Eat Your Veggies
I'm finding a lot of irony in today's post. Since Monday, I've been feeding Lilly a 7 ounce bottle first thing in the morning, 4 ounces of oatmeal at 10, veggies and 3 ounces of milk at 1, dinner of veggies (she won't take the milk at this time for some reason), and a 7 ounce bottle before bed. We experimented with pears on Sunday. She didn't like them. Today I decided to try apples. I figured she'd love them, since they're sweet...and Kevin & Jan fed her apple butter, which she apparently loved. But, I ended up throwing them away. She hated them! I tried to make her eat them all, but she actually started to cry and wouldn't open her mouth. Okay, no apples from now on. It's ironic because apple juice was one of my biggest aversions (and still is) during my pregnancy. I guess maybe the baby's preferences manifest as aversions/cravings? Ha! Feeding this little lady has become quite the task. Lately she's been more interested in fighting me to eat her bib instead of her veggies. I feel like one of those parents that's always yelling at their kids "EAT YOUR VEGETABLES!" Also ironic. And kind of funny that she prefers veggies to fruits. Everyone told me to make her eat the veggies first, otherwise she would prefer the sweet fruits to veggies. Nope! As always, Lilly is not the normal baby that they write all the books about...and that's why I love her so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment