Today was a lot better than I was expecting. Last night as we were laying in bed, watching TV, a wall of symptoms hit me. All of the sudden, I was nauseous, my gallbladder was hurting, I got a pounding headache, and, as it has been for a few weeks now, my back was throbbing with pain. I didn't sleep well at all! Ry took care of Lilly this morning, and when she decided that she was up for good at 9, he brought her into the bedroom to snuggle with me. I love it when he does that. On top of everything else that I was experiencing last night, I woke up with referred pain in my shoulder from my gallbladder (here's the definition of
referred pain), aching up my neck and into my head. I seriously felt like dying. I gave in and dipped into my Oxycodone supply. Oh, the relief was heavenly. I don't take my prescription pain meds unless my pain in unbearable. I took too many on an empty tummy and they made me feel loopy and extremely tired, but being pain free was worth it.
Despite being high from my meds, Jack came over with a ton of laundry, so I did that for him, made everyone cookies, and tried to stay awake while watching a very intense Notre Dame game. I'd like to apologize to Lilly for my scream when they announced "NOTRE DAME WINS!!" during the final seconds of OT. She was napping and was not very happy with me. I was still shaking from my adrenaline rush while I made dinner.
Being completely exhausted from a sleepless night, high on meds, and crashing from an adrenaline rush, always promises for a good night's rest...at least I'm hoping so. This week we fly out to South Bend to see Notre Dame play BYU. Seriously, forget any tropical vacation, all the cruises in the world, THIS is the trip I have always wanted. I'm so beyond excited. Jack and I are going to be like giggling school girls when we get there.
 |
| Jack is so cute with Lilly. She just watched the game, then slowly drifted off while holding his arm, and then sat and played in his arms while he ate fresh-baked cookies. And, of course, she's all decked out in her ND gear. New this week is her "Little Irish Fan" bib, since she's soaking herself with drool. |
 |
| Mmm, burgers, bacon mashed potatoes, and Jan's canned green beans |
No comments:
Post a Comment