October 27, 2012

Girl's Night Out

Today was the first time in a week that I've left our house. I sometimes forget that it's been 6+ days since I've seen the sun or breathed fresh air.

I got to sleep in until 10, after a long night with the baby. She is in a really hard stage right now. Like I stated in an earlier post, she moves from where we put her at night, and ends up with her head in the corner of the crib, with her body diagonal. For some reason, when she's in that position, she just sits and talks to herself...eventually getting upset and crying. The baby monitor is on ALL night (since it's sound-activated), and it's on MY side of the bed. Ryan tells me to just turn it off, but I know I'd get even less sleep because I'd be worried that she was crying and I couldn't hear her. I ended up just going in and letting her sleep on me, while I slept in the chair in her room. Here's to hoping she can at least keep the talking to a minimum...

Once I finally got up, Ryan came into the bedroom to announce that he and Lilly were going to the grocery store to get stuff for breakfast. I felt badly that in my selfish sleeping-in phase, he was starving. He came home and made French toast sticks. They were yummy! And, the only thing I ate all day. 

After an afternoon of trying to nap with Lilly while daddy worked, I got a night out with my mom, my step-sister, and my step-sister-in-law. We went to "Color Me Mine" in Draper. I have been trying to get Ryan to go there for a date night for some time, but it just hasn't happened. To be honest, I don't really think it's his thing. Which is fine, because it was definitely our thing tonight. Oh, and it was pajama night, so the studio fee was only $2 instead of $10. I ended up getting sucked in, and painted a spoon rest, salt & pepper shakers, and a small plate to display. I really wanted to do a serving platter, but the $45 price tag held me back. It was REALLY fun. SOOO my thing. I can guarantee we'll be making this girl's night a tradition. 

I made it home in time to watch the second half of the Notre Dame game. Up until then, Ryan did a really good job of keeping me updated on the score. Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like I've officially converted Ryan to being a true ND fan. I'm so proud! *sniff, sniff* Anyway, what about them Irish? Lookin' real good, boys! 
Even better when dipped in blueberry syrup. This was the first "naughty" food I've had all week. Go me! 

My plate and salt & pepper shakers. The plate (once fired) will be Tiffany blue with brown writing. And the shakers are coral pink with stripes and polka dots. I have to wait 5 days to get them back...I can't wait! I'll unveil the spoon rest then. (And yes, I realize it was pajama night, not look-like-you-just-got-out-of-bed night.)

Ryan's wearing the sweater that my dad bought him on our trip. It looks SO good on him. And, of course, Lilly's just being cute, like always. 
I was logging into the memory card from the camera to start this blog post, only to find that Ryan took a few pictures of him and Lilly while they watched the ND game. Haha, too funny!



No comments:

Post a Comment