October 8, 2012

Chunkin' Punkin'...5 Months Old!

5 months. Such an insignificant amount of time when compared to an entire lifetime, but, at the same time, it's felt like a lifetime...a lifetime of fun, smiles, SO much love. I love getting to be a mom to Lilly. She is such a sweet girl. She melts my heart with her smiles and laughs, and she makes me laugh when I see how curious she is. At 5 months old, I would describe Lilly as a learner. She reaches for everything, anything and everything she can get in her hands immediately goes into her mouth, she loves playing with toys, loves eating green beans, and just loves to be snuggled and loved.

I ran to Walmart early this morning to run errands, and I had a lady totally make my day...and she would have made Lilly's day if Lilly was old enough to understand. She walked up and said "your baby is SO cute! No, really. Most people tell other people that their babies are cute, but seriously, your baby is adorable!" We sat and chatted for a few minutes, all the while she was referring to Lilly as a "he". Then we hit that awkward moment when she says "it is a boy, right?" Um, no, but don't worry, we get that a lot. Ha!

For her 5 month pictures, I stuck her in a ginormous pumpkin (that I had a heck of a time finding, since it needed to be so big). It sounds easy, but in reality, it was hellish...We took her outside to put her down in the leaves, not even noticing that we set the pumpkin right on top of an ant hill. Luckily I was the only one to be eaten alive. They were crawling up my pants, made it up to my shirt, and even into my hair. Suffice it to say, we moved to a different tree. In the middle of taking pictures, a dark grey cat came wandering up to see what was going on. She couldn't have been more perfect for Halloween pictures! We were out taking pictures for about 30 minutes, since Lilly didn't want to be her usually smiley self, and was instead more interested in her hands and the pumpkin. Right as I was about to call it and make everyone go inside, she gave up a few smiles. Everyone just gasped and went "ooooo! ooooh! She's smiling, take a picture!!" I think they turned out perfect! Enjoy! (WARNING, there are TONS of pictures!)










Couldn't be more perfect! 




Her "BOO" socks
"No! I'm not smiling!"






BEHIND THE SCENES... 

The initial shock of the cold pumpkin (on her legs, since everywhere else was covered with blankets) made her cry, but she quickly warmed up to the idea 




Seriously, seeing Ryan toting Lilly around in a pumpkin was the best ever!

And a nice soak in the tub to wash off all the leaves, ants, and pumpkin bits



No comments:

Post a Comment