When we got to their house to pick her up, Ryan ran inside, knowing that 1) I was going to hog her and 2) that it was going to take me a while to limp from the car, so he had a minute to say hi before I got to her. Unfortunately, she was napping when we walked in. We stood by the crib, watching her sleep, when she woke herself up with a sneeze. When she saw us, she looked confused and scared. It made me sad. I picked her up and cuddled her, but she was still tired. It took a good thirty minutes for her to return to the silly baby I remembered.
On the way home, the first half of the drive, she sat and chatted with me and smiled. She eventually fell asleep. We had to pick Jack up from my mom's house, so when they both came out to the car to say hi, she woke up and started screaming because she didn't know where she was or why all these strange, unfamiliar people were looking at her. She really has been so terrified of everyone since we picked her up.
Apparently she had lots of difficulties sleeping while she was with Kevin and Jan. I felt really bad about that. We were hoping it was just the unfamiliar surroundings, and not her being sick or anything. When we put her to bed last night, I went to bed too, expecting to be up every hour. To my surprise, she passed right out and stayed asleep until 5. I think she just missed her bed.
![]() |
| This was my favorite picture that we got from Kevin. Lilly, taking a bath, and sticking her tongue out as far as she could. |


No comments:
Post a Comment