Okay, time to unveil the color that we were intending to have our living room...and time to tell the story of how it went horribly, horribly wrong. I have a board on my Pinterest account that I have named "Nailed It!" for posting all of my successful Pinterest copycat ideas. I had really hoped that this new painting adventure could have been pinned onto that board....
Below you will see pictures of the color I fell in love with. I envisioned having two accent walls with my stencil design pattern that I stole from Pinterest. When I went to buy paint, I picked a deep, beautiful purple. When I painted it on the wall, what I got was a teenager's room, purpley grape, BRIGHT purple. I tried to calm down by convincing myself that it would darken with each coat. But after each coat, I realized I was only making the brightness more permanent. I think we probably could have lived with the purple. What bothered me was how every single one of my family members that came over to help, instantly said "whoa! That's hideous!" Yeah, I can't live with it if I know everyone else hates it. Dang. It was such a well-intended color.
 |
| I pulled this off Google and used it as something to fuel my desire for a new wall color, every time I started to doubt myself. LOVE this color. |
 |
| They so graciously helped paint the wall a color that they hated. How sweet! |
 |
| I decided to throw on the stencil to see if it helped. NOPE! |
So, to rectify my mistake, I ran straight to Walmart the next day and bought the most tame mocha brown paint I could find. Here I was with a fun new color, a new design scheme, and lots of new accessories, and I couldn't use any of them. I panicked and chose mocha because it was less offensive than the purple, and the picture I stole my stencil idea from was in brown, so I figured my room was guaranteed to look as gorgeous as the picture if I did the same color. But now I'm left with chocolate brown furniture and mocha walls. NO fun accent color! HELP! I was thinking of pulling in cream as the third color to lighten it up. Any thoughts? I could just stick with the aqua...
.jpg) |
| The paint soaked through my shirt and onto my tummy. I am apparently allergic to paint, because I still have a HUGE, itchy rash all over. |
 |
| This was my original inspiration. SOOO much better than my disaster of a wall. |
 |
| I painted 4 coats over the purple, and, to me, it still looks purple. I think it's brown/grey/silvery looking. It's gorgeous, though. |
 |
| FINITO! Only took me a week.... |
I love the color it ended up being! LOVE! I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you had envisioned! I bet you could still throw in purple accents in pillows and what not, it would still look good!
ReplyDeletei LOVE the new wall color! It looks amazing! Such a fun stencil as well!
ReplyDelete