Okay, time to FINALLY post about our move. I feel like I've been going backwards, since I've posted sneak peeks of rooms, but haven't actually told about the move. Okay, here goes.
I will just start off by saying that no matter the cost, hiring professional movers will ALWAYS be worth the money. I had to pack, but they came bright and early to put it on a truck, drive it to the new place, and unload it...not just unload, either, they put everything in the rooms I wanted. That doesn't seem like that big of a deal until you have to sort out boxes and lug them around all day. We only had two guys, and they were able to do in 4 hours what it would have taken my entire family ALL day to do. And the strength of these guys was astonishing. They would pick up three heavy boxes, put them behind their backs and run out to the truck. I felt like they were some sort of Cirque du Soleil freaks! Anyway, that's my shameless plug at how amazing movers are.
On top of the movers, we had my mom and brother there to help. And boy were they a big help. Jack was the one we ordered around, telling him to do this and that, take that out to the car, throw that away...he's really good at that. He even made tense moments funny. If he weren't there, I'm sure we would have gotten into a lot of arguments. He wasn't as helpful at the new place, seeing as he crashed the second we got there, and ended up sleeping either on our bed or in the middle of the floor the whole time. My mom was also amazing. It's always SO nice to have someone you can rely on to take charge when they know you're too busy to. And it doesn't hurt that she's a manager at a moving company. :P Seriously, mom, I couldn't have done it without you. Even though my dad lives in Seattle, he tried help the only way he could. He ordered us pizza and had it delivered once the move was over. That was definitely a much-needed boost of energy. Suffice it to say, Jack ate an entire pizza by himself. And last, but not least, Ryan's family helped a ton too. Kevin and Jan had Lilly from Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. I can't even begin to describe how impossible it would have been to move if we had to watch her. Thank you SOOO much to everyone who helped in every way they could.
Mom, directing traffic
What a mess...
Seriously? These guys are so strong! And look at him...he still has a smile on his face. He's helped us move the past few times. Love you, Cisco!
It only took them about an hour to clear out BOTH floors.
I left a gift for Kelly & Ben. They were most excited to finally have a dishwasher, and, seeing as she has a newborn too, I thought a bottle attachment for the dishwasher would be fun.
Blocking all the spots at the new place. Nothing says "HI! We're your new neighbors" like blocking all the parking spots.
Tired boy.
Thanks, dad!
We were told to jump on the bed to soften it some, so we hired Jack to goof around. He turned on the song "JUMP AROUND!" and did just that. Poor Angel was his dance partner...or hostage, rather.
I just barely missed him slamming his head into the ceiling!
FROM THIS TO THIS....
From NO pantry space (and having to hang shelves) to having a HUGE pantry.
From having the tiniest closet I've ever owned, to having a closet that's larger than I've ever seen. Seriously, this thing was too big to even fit it all in the picture. I don't even know what to do with all of the space.
From a laundry NOOK, to a laundry ROOM.
From a coil-top stove to a flat-top, stainless steel stove. It cooks so much better!
From having to play MacGyver with a bar and a few cups, to having actual drawers for stuff, to being able to recycle into craft cups.
I have an actual linen closet!
Ryan's new tie doo-hicky
My new makeup mirror
And yes, I stole this from Pinterest.
You better believe there's more to come. I'm still putting stuff away and trying to figure out how to decorate.
No comments:
Post a Comment