Here I was, snuggling up to my pillow, in the now empty bed, enjoying that Lilly was sleeping in for once, when I hear "Nat!" I popped open my eyes to see Ryan standing at the foot of the bed, holding Willow's cast. It took me a second to realize what that meant. Captain Houdini managed to slip off her cast. I jumped out of bed as fast as I could and we stuck Willow in the kennel so that she couldn't run around on her broken arm. We packed up Lilly, still wearing her jammy-jams, and ran out the door. I had to drop Ryan off at work and then go all the way up to Sandy to the vet. Let me tell you a secret...carrying a carseat AND a kennel AND a huge diaper bag is not easy. But I managed. While Willow was getting her new cast on, I fed Lilly. Pretty convenient timing for her to have a blowout. I figured it'd be a while before anyone poked their head back into our exam room, so I laid my little pirate-cow on the exam table, in Willie's bed, and changed her diaper as fast as I could. All-in-all, the trip to the vet, with both my cow and kitty, was a success. Lilly-cow was such a star. Everyone was so in love with her chubby cheeks....but she was called a "he" several times.
 |
| "I NEED A DOCTOR, STAT! My baby turned into a cow and then sprouted a pirate mustache!" |
 |
| Yes, Willow, that does make your butt look big. This time around, I don't think she'll be able to slip out of this one. |
 |
| That's only a LITTLE bit creepy to find laying on your floor first thing in the morning. |
 |
Ever since we got home, Willow has refused to leave Lilly. I left her in the carseat, since she fell asleep in the car, and naps are rare around here. Willie is just leaning up against it and won't leave. I think while she was at the vet, she was scared, and since she could only hear Lilly squeaking and talking, she's finding comfort in something familiar. It's adorable.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment