July 17, 2012

Perks

The perks of being married to Ryan just keep coming. Add custom computer builder to the list! When we started the family website, I would spend any free time I had working on it. When Ryan came home, I would grudgingly give up his computer so that he could have his turn. I have a laptop, but its 10 inches just don't measure up to the two 27" monitors that Ryan has. Always being down for a challenge, he offered to make me my own computer so that I wouldn't have to pout on the couch while he used the computer. It certainly helped that he won two computer monitors at work. Like a kid in a candy shop, he ordered a bunch of random pieces of metal, wires, and twirly magoos (yes, that's the only way I know how to describe them), and I had fun answering the door everyday to accept packages from the UPS man. He started with an empty computer tower, and now I have my very own working Nanny machine. He worked very hard, and for that, I am grateful. Before I met Ryan, I didn't even know a person could piece together a computer from random scraps. Learned something today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment