July 4, 2012

Baby's First 4th

This week is totally playing with my head. Ryan taking Monday off, and today being a holiday, I honestly don't know what day it is. Despite not knowing, it was a good day. I was bragging yesterday about how Lilly slept from 8:30 PM to 5:00 AM. Well, I guess karma caught up, because she got up every two hours last night: 1, 3, 5, 7.... Ryan let me sleep in until 9 again. BEST HUSBAND! I went downstairs to find him feeding Lilly, and asked him what he wanted for breakfast...knowing we didn't have anything. Ha! When he asked what we had, I took that as an opportunity to tell him about my dreams. I had a dream last night that he came wandering into the bedroom and asked me if I wanted to go have breakfast at the Belgian Waffle. It took a bit of convincing, but guess where we ended up for breakfast this morning! YEP! The entire planet wanted to have breakfast at the Belgian Waffle, but we were miraculously seated and served quickly.

After breakfast, we raced up to Syracuse to spend the day with Ryan's family. We spent the day snacking, playing games, playing with Lilly, napping, and laughing. I love visiting family...especially because everyone jumps at the opportunity to tell me to take a nap while they watch after the baby. Okay, you don't have to tell me twice! Except, this time Ryan snuck in and took a picture of me while I was sleeping. Kevin and Jan planned a pretty fun dinner setup. We roasted hot dogs and s'mores on the fire pit in the backyard. Yes, we burned our dogs, but we happen to like them that way. And I haven't had s'mores since I was a kid, so this was a very fun treat for me.

We were going to keep up our 4th of July tradition of parking at the Draper temple while watching fireworks over the valley. But seeing as Lilly is on a schedule and Ryan has work tomorrow, we decided to stay in. Despite not going out to see the fireworks, I happen to have the perfect view of a professional show outside our front window. Sweet!




No comments:

Post a Comment