Taking words of wisdom from good ol' Brad Paisley today. Ryan and I had a long weekend because he took yesterday off to help me and catch up on work. I haven't been feeling so well (probably lack of sleep and overdoing it), so he played his "Best Husband in the World" card. Seriously. He got up at 6:30 to head downstairs to start working, and when the baby woke up at 7:00, he took care of her. I actually got to sleep in until 9. It felt so amazing! On top of that, around 3:00, he tucked Lilly and I in, and I actually got a 2 hour nap. I want to blame it on being a new mom, but something about the past few days has had me so exhausted. Maybe the lack of sleep is piling up, but goodness, I'm sleepy! I had such a hard pregnancy, physically and emotionally, all I did was sleep. And now all I do is anything BUT sleep. I found myself thinking about Brad Paisley's song "Letter to Me," wishing I could go back in time, when I was a kid, and scream at myself to take my naps. So many wasted naps! Ha, wishful thinking, I guess.
I crack myself up. In an effort to completely avoid working out today, I did
anything and everything I could think of to distract myself. I scrubbed
the bathroom, did the dishes, and when I went to get something from the
kitchen, I ended up completely cleaning it from head to toe. Not just
"oh, this goes here and this goes there," I moved everything out and
attacked the greasy layer that covered everything. (Don't you just hate
that?!) When I finally ran out of things to do, I sucked it up and
forced myself onto the elliptical. I knew that if I just tried, that
motivation would start to come. I didn't have any excuses not to. Dang!
I'll embarrassingly admit that I only lasted 15 minutes before I was
starting to count down the seconds before I could get off. Lilly came to my
rescue and started crying, so I used that as my reason to stop. One slow
crawl upstairs and a cold shower later, I am pretty proud of myself for
doing the one thing I didn't want to do today. I'd gladly clean 100
dirty toilets over having to work out. Yes, I hate it that much....for
now.
In baby news, Lilly started chatting this weekend. Not just the occasional gurgle or grunt, she actually talks to us. She tries to form shapes with her lips and she'll hold a conversation with you if you sit and talk to her. It's so adorable! Of course, we can't get to the video camera in time, but we're working on it. She tells the funniest jokes! Haha! I'm so excited for her to grow up!

No comments:
Post a Comment