June 27, 2012

Day Off

I feel like running to the top of a beautiful grassy hill, putting my arms up in the air, and spinning in circles...until I either puke or roll down the hill. Today was just what I needed! At around noon yesterday, I was thinking to myself "wow, Lilly is being so good today. I think I may be able to get something accomplished." By "accomplished" really I just meant "do nothing," since I somehow manage to vacuum, do laundry, make the bed, and keep a tidy house every day anyway. I was excited that her napping would allow me to work on our family website. WRONG! She must read my emotions, because the rest of the day had me wanting to pull out my hair. And, I won't lie, for the first time since having Lilly, I broke down crying. She just got into this mood, and nothing, absolutely nothing I did would calm her down. There's only so much hysterical crying that a person can take before they lose it...I guess I'm referring to both of us. Our family has been really awesome each week, offering to take the baby for a day so that I can sleep and regain sanity. While Lilly and I were having our breakdowns, I was just trying to remind myself that "tomorrow is my day off...tomorrow is my day off...you can do this..." Ryan came home from school at 8:00, walked over to Lilly and I, and said "guess what, Lilly? Daddy's gonna go pack your bags because you're having a sleepover." My face lit up! What? With who? I still don't believe Ryan when he says that they offered and he didn't call them (I did quite a bit of freaking out, panicking, and whining to Ryan during Lilly's screaming period), but his parent's offered to take the baby for the night, instead of picking her up first thing in the morning. That meant I was going to get an entire night's rest AND a full day off. So, you may be wondering what Ryan and I did to celebrate our first night alone. Well, first we played some XBOX...and then we passed out. Ha! Out of habit, I woke up at 2:30 and 4:30, rolled over and realized that the baby wasn't home, and smiled as I fell back asleep. I can't even describe how great the sleep last night felt. At the same time, CURSE YOU, amazing sleep! Now that I've been spoiled, having Lilly back is going to totally wreak havoc on my body. She's 7 weeks old now. When does that whole "sleep through the night" phase kick in?

My grandma (the one Lilly is named after) had shoulder surgery yesterday, so I thought it would be fun to take a special picture for her to wish her a speedy recovery. This is as much smile as Lilly would give up. She hoards them for me only, and the second the camera is on her, she just likes to stare at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment