April 20, 2012

More Baking

I came to the conclusion today that I'm the world's worst baker. I know I've made some pretty cute things (my wedding cake, my wedding cupcakes, the Easter cake), but the past two days have me loathing the entire world of baking. My cookies were such a pain yesterday, and then today, the ice cream cone cupcakes had their trouble to give. Seriously, it should have been so easy, but I had to mess it up! I must have over-filled the cones, because I went to grab them out of the oven, and they were spilling over. DANGIT! At that point, as I stared at the pan of messed up cupcakes, I thought about just giving up. I didn't have anymore cake mix, I didn't have anymore cones...I didn't have any more patience for my baking goods to come out wrong. So I decided to go to the store to get more stuff to give round 2 a go. I jumped into the Lexus...turned the key....nothing....turned the key....nothing. GREAT! The Lexus is now dead. Ryan came home and tried to jump it but it's not the battery. We're slightly terrified to take it in to see what's wrong now. I think we've officially broken the rule of not paying more for fixing the car than the thing is even worth. Ugh. More on that fun to come later...Anyway, I felt pretty upset at that point. I didn't know how to get the stuff I needed to complete the cupcakes. I only had about 6 cones left, not enough for another batch. I did, however, have a package of chocolate cake mix in the pantry. I hoped maybe I could figure something out. I tried to mend the messed up batch so that they looked at least semi-decent. Then I made a batch of chocolate ones. I was so nervous that they would spill over, or, because I was now paranoid to over-fill them, they wouldn't poof up enough. But they turned out okay. I decided to let them cool while I took a nap. Nanny had to cool off too. They are now decorated and waiting for tomorrow's baby shower. The only thing that scares me? How do I get them over to my mom's without destroying them. She gave me a cupcake carrier, but the cone makes them top heavy, so they tip over SO easily. We'll see how many make it...


 
 (Day 364)

No comments:

Post a Comment