Let's just say, today did not start off so well. I got up at 2 AM to go potty, and when I got back to bed, I suddenly had a hard time breathing. When I tried to sleep, I kept having little apnea fits that would wake me up. Totally uncomfortable! I got so frustrated, I just sat up and sat on the edge of the bed until Ryan woke up...4 hours later. I dozed in and out, almost falling off the bed, feet falling asleep, ribs aching. But I've had it. I've HAD it with how crappy I feel all the time. Sorry, I'm cranky because I'm tired. Ryan got up at 6:30, and when he asked me what was wrong, I just started bawling like a little kid. He grabbed me, a pillow, and a blanket, and dragged me to the nursery to see if sleeping in the recliner would help. He sat on the floor next to me, rubbing my legs, but I couldn't get to sleep. My back hurt too bad to continue sitting upright. When he tucked me back in the bed, it took me a minute, but I was able to fall asleep for another 3 solid hours. I felt bad though. I didn't realize that I had made us miss church. But I was a tired, cranky, crying wreck. I had black eye liner and mascara all over my face, my eyes were swollen almost shut, and my lips were so dry, they were cracking. Yeah, TERRIBLE morning.
10:30 came around, and I knew that if I was given the choice, I'd sleep all day. I can't sleep at night, so I usually get the bulk of my sleep through napping all day. But I couldn't sleep this day away because I had to make dessert and deviled eggs for my mom's Easter dinner. I really had to move slowly and take it easy as I baked. I was so incredibly tired and weak from no sleep and no food. Exhaustion slowly started to turn into excitement as I saw my dessert coming to life. I spent all week planning out what I was going to do. When my plan finally hit me, it was hard to pull together. I never knew finding all of the colors of Peeps would be so hard, but after 3 stores, we succeeded. I made a 2 layer, Funfetti cake with cream cheese frosting. Then I stuck every color peep on the outside, green coconut grass on the top, and some chocolate-covered marshmallow eggs. I loved it! And I'm proud to say that I
didn't get this one from Pinterest. This was a Nanny original.
NO naps at all! We went right over to my mom's house, just in time for the Easter egg hunt. The Easter Bunny left us a basket full of candy. Considering I literally hadn't eaten a morsel of food yet all day, I was tempted to dig into the chocolate, but thankfully I lasted until dinner. It was SO good!! I'm sick of this whole pregnancy not-being-able-to-eat-a-lot thing. It's frustrating. I didn't eat very much, but suddenly I couldn't breathe all that well and my tummy felt like it would explode. We had lots of fun playing with my step-sister's little dog, vegging out on the couch, feeling the baby kick, and eating lots of really good food. :D Happy Easter!!
 |
| I think this may have to become an Easter dessert tradition. It was really fun to make! |
 |
| The beginnings of my deviled eggs. My step-dad had just about eaten all of them by the time dinner started. Note to self: next time, make 3 times as much. |
 |
| I didn't even know my step-sister had this dog, so when we got there, and this little tiny thing came running up to me, I was so excited! Hence the look on my face in the first picture. |
 |
| Our Easter "basket". My mom always makes a point of putting in something nerdy for Ryan. This time around he got a Yoda Pez dispenser. |

(Day 452)
No comments:
Post a Comment