Couldn't sleep last night. I didn't really want today to happen. After how terrible yesterday was and after how much crying I did, all I wanted to do was sleep off the "cry hangover." But, sadly, I could not. First, I had an appointment with an optometrist. We decided to finally get my eyes addressed. I get a funny lazy eye when people talk to me, I read, or something comes too close to my face. This lazy eye made getting closeup pictures for engagements, bridals, and the wedding very difficult. Everyone was on lazy eye watch. It's not terribly bad, but it's annoying enough, I thought I should just get it seen to. Turns out what I have is quite uncommon. The doctor told me I was special. :D My eye drift is a vertical eye drift. Meaning, my eyes can't focus together, so they both drift. One up, one down. Most people have a horizontal drift (side to side). On top of that, they don't focus well close up or far away, so it's something that's not correctable without surgery. Um, yeah, it's not that bothersome to require surgery. He recommended glasses, to not only sharpen my vision, but to try and make the lazy eye less annoying. I also have a slight astigmatism. He had to put numbing eye drops in my eyes to check for the astigmatism. They felt like drops of pepper spray at first because my eyes were still sore and puffy from crying last night. Once they stopped burning, I could hardly open them. They felt slow, sticky, and droopy. AND, since the drops made my eyes water like crazy, I spent the whole time dabbing up the tears with a tissue...only to find that the tears were neon yellow. Weird! Anyway, I got glasses. They're having to be special ordered, so I won't get them until next week. I'm not sure if I'm excited about this...Ryan, however, is.
After my eye exam, I had a job interview. I was worried that my now makeupless, red, watery eyes would make them think I was doing drugs or something. Luckily, they didn't notice. I'm kind of sick of even trying, where jobs are concerned, so I just kind of went with the flow. I thought it went rather well, given the circumstances. I won't really care about what happens either way. I just wanted to prove to Ryan that I was still trying to "pull my weight." I'll find out soon enough if I got the job or not.
Welp, lots of NOTHING to get to doing, so I best be going.

Ryan said I look like a student. He really likes them. Lots of changes coming to the appearance of Nanny....very soon. So this may just be my new look, I guess.

(Day 335)
No comments:
Post a Comment