February 29, 2012

Role Reverse

I think now is about the time for Ryan and I to hire a nurse to take care of us...or maybe just bribe some family members. We're both officially crippled and unable to do anything without whimpering in pain. All night it's been "ahhh," "ooooh," "ouch!". We're both in so much pain. I was literally seconds from walking out the door for work, Ryan following behind, when he told me he was thinking about going to the doctor this morning. I got kind of upset that he was waiting for me to leave until he did so. He can't even sit upright, what the heck makes him think he can drive himself around town? I laid him down on the couch, and started calling doctors. Our only option was Instacare. We had an hour before anyone opened, so I cleaned up the house, did the dishes, ran out the garbage, and even did some engine maintenance on the Lexus. Super Nanny! Anyway, we finally got Ryan checked out. The doctor's poking and prodding of Ryan's abdomen totally set off the intense pain and spasms again. They don't really know what's wrong. It could be a plethora of things. But for now they have him on some pain meds to see if it will go away on its own. So far the meds have done absolutely nothing, so I think I'm going to have to tap into my Hydrocodone stash to help him get to sleep.

As if Ryan's pain wasn't enough, I've been having some little Braxton Hicks contractions. The baby, or "Little Nanny" as Ryan started calling her tonight, is on my sciatic, so the pain is pretty intense. I've been trying my best to ignore my pain and do anything and everything I can for Ryan. Making countless trips up and down the stairs to get him water or meds is killing me, but I just keep thinking back onto all of the times over the past 7 months that Ryan's so quickly jumped to help me. But at this point, we both just want to die. Oh, and did I mention...IT'S A BLIZZARD OUTSIDE! I'm beyond sick of everyone complaining about how we haven't gotten any snow. Every day we go without snow, I rejoice. Do they even realize how stressful it is, day in and day out, to get up and have to drive in the snow, with hundreds of other drivers that act like they've never seen moisture on the road before? I have a baby to think about now. There is no way I'm happy about this snow. Every time I venture out, I'm risking our lives. Yes, dramatic, but there are too many idiot drivers out there. We'll see if work happens tomorrow....

My poor baby!

I'm terrified that this may be what I wake up to tomorrow.


(Day 313)

No comments:

Post a Comment