February 27, 2012

Apple Jacks


What does Ryan love more than bacon? Apple Jacks cereal....or maybe green Koolaid. But he's since given up the Koolaid, so we'll stick with Apple Jacks. Anyway, today was our weekly grocery shopping trip. We used to go on Tuesdays, but have recently switched over to Mondays for a few reasons. Tuesdays were a random day of the week and made meal planning harder. Don't ask me why. I like to shop at the beginning of the week. AND I found out that all of my grocery store's deals are on Monday. Oh, and it is just me, or does it seem like the produce is fresher on Mondays? I've been quite the little shopper lately. Every Monday at work, I hit up my favorite coupon sites, print them off, and then load up my online shopping rewards card with digital coupons too. I never knew I could get so excited for $1 off of milk! The past two weeks of shopping have been really fun! Last week, we had to stock up on a lot of stuff, so we ended up with a bill of about $101. After my coupons, I was able to get the bill down to $56. Then today, we walked in to find that everything on my list was on a 50% off sale. We loaded up the cart with a few weeks of supplies. I LOVE to stock up on stuff when it's on a sale this good. Ryan was most excited that his favorite cereal went from almost $4 a box, to $1.90 a box. He never gets to eat cereal because of how expensive it is. He got about 5 boxes. I chuckled because it just so happens that my current craving is Frosted Mini Wheats, and those were on the same killer deal. Cereal, cookies, and random lunch stuffers...all on sale. SWEET! We had a cart full of groceries and we spent less than $40. Yep, I've decided Monday is our shopping day from now on.



(Day 311)

No comments:

Post a Comment