January 19, 2012

Cavatelli

Yet another post about food. Such is the life of a pregnant woman. You'd think cooking would have fallen off my priority list since getting a job, but it's actually climbed to the top. I love feeling fulfilled at work and at home. Tonight I tried a new recipe. I have invited all of my family over to our house for our monthly FHE family lesson. I have until February to decide on a menu, so I thought I'd test drive a few. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to serve. I'm thinking Chicken Parmesan, with tonight's meal as the traditional pasta side. It's called baked Cavatelli. The Cavatelli noodle is the "wheel" noodle that we all know and love. But I substituted it for a more hardy Rigatoni noodle. Then it's mixed with large Italian sausage links that are cut into bite-sized pieces, pasta sauce, and LOTS of mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes, cover with cheese, and bake for 5 more. Then dig in and get it all over your face like I did. I was SOOO good! Prepare yourselves, Goodrich family, FHE dinner will be epic!

Oh yeah, I forgot...it has lots of onions and garlic.

Can you say "oink, oink"? I was SO hungry, I inhaled my food.





(Day 272)

No comments:

Post a Comment