January 20, 2012

Pinky & Pajamas

Sometimes I swear my mom-boss hates me! It wasn’t enough that I had to wear the pajamas that she got us for Christmas, she made me wear them today for Pajama Day. And the best part? She wore hers too. Yes, we were mocked. Yes, the question “do you guys plan your outfits all the time?” was asked. Yes, I’m going home to burn this outfit. Sometimes my mom goes on a tangent of wanting to have a fun day at work, so she made today PJ day and made everyone breakfast. We teamed up together to make pancakes and eggs for everyone. Yum! After breakfast, she was walking around the office, putting up nametags for our two new employees. It’s been a long-running joke that I’m “just a clerk” and unimportant. So I rolled out into the walkway to give my obligatory “I’m not important enough to get a nametag” complaint, as my mom pointed to my cubicle and said “you got one too!”. I looked up to find the funniest nametag hanging on my wall. It said “Natalie Goodrich (just a clerk)”. I won’t lie, I squealed with joy. She later admitted that she was hoping it would make me angry. Backfire! It totally made my day! Funniest thing ever!

Isn't that awesome!?

In other, awesomely-sad news. I finally sold my pink microwave. My mom got it for me when I started college. My dorm room was the cutest around! It served as mine and Ryan's first "us" microwave since our old place didn't have one, but we had to sell it when we moved here since there's one built into the kitchen. I'll miss Ol' Pinky, but we definitely had some good times and lots of good food. I hope its new owner enjoys it as much as we did.



(Day 273)

No comments:

Post a Comment