January 28, 2012

Rockin' Around Town

What did we do today? A little bit of everything, I guess. My mom and I had a date at our favorite, out-of-the-way fabric shop. She makes the cutest receiving blankets, and wanted to get a bunch of fabric for the baby. I also wanted to see if I could find "the one" fabric for the crib bumper. I picked kind of a difficult color to match as our color scheme (typical Natalie thing!), so I'm going to have to get a paint swatch to match before I feel comfortable committing to a fabric. We had a lot of fun picking blanket fabrics though. I will definitely be going back...

After the fabric adventures, we spent an hour at the mall, getting our Apple products covered with screen protectors, and sending away my ring for its semi-annual cleaning. I HATE being without my ring! But I do love how sparkly it is when it's back on my finger...and this time, we're getting it sautered, so I don't have to mess with the two rings anymore.

The mall was fun, but the most exciting part of my day was still ahead. We went to Babies-R-Us to test out their selection of rockers. I'm proud to report that we finally found one! Ryan refused to sit in it, but once I got him in it, he loved it. We ordered it in a custom fabric to match the room better, so we won't get it for another 10-14 weeks. Yeah, pushing it a little! I can't wait to complete my vision. My mom and I were talking the other day, and she was telling me how late night feedings were always her favorite. She painted a picture of sitting in the dim light of a lamp, alone with the baby, feeding her as I rocked quietly in my glider. I haven't been able to get that image out of my head, so my rocker had to be perfect. Today I found myself wishing the baby was here already. I just want to meet her and love her to death. Speaking of the nursery, I would like to send out a very sincere, heartfelt THANK YOU to my dad. He bought us our crib yesterday. I will smile every time I look at it and think of his generosity. Love you, dad!

After a long day of shopping, we came home, ate a healthy lunch of grilled chicken salads, and then cuddled up and took a nap. Ryan had his hand on my tummy the whole time, and I wondered if he could feel the little fishy swimming around. It was special. Don't worry, I didn't forget to be a good wife. I cleaned the house head to toe, and now we're all set to watch our shows! Ciao!

Here it is! We got the matching rocking ottoman too.

This is a random picture from last night. Ryan decided to tuck me in as tight as he could. He ran off to grab something downstairs, and I was already asleep before he came back. He sat and rubbed my arm to try and wake me up so that he could get me in the bed, but he said I just laid there and snored. Haha! Guess I'm a little more tired these days....






(Day 281)

No comments:

Post a Comment