January 22, 2012

Something Old, Something New

Nothing spectacular happened today. Naps, naps, and more naps. Some laundry intermixed. I decided to try my first true experiment for dinner since getting married. I've never attempted to make something I've never made before, let alone eaten, so I used Ryan as my guinea pig. Chicken fried steak! It was YUMMY! I didn't like the recipe, so I veered off on my own. I matched it with potatoes and country gravy, and Jan's canned green beans. I will most definitely be making this again.

After dinner, I opted for something old. Ryan's favorite chocolate chip cookies. He has been so amazing this weekend. He didn't game once, and yesterday while I was cleaning, he jumped in and helped out a TON. Ahh, I love him! So these cookies were just another way for me to say thank you. The funny thing about making cookies for Ryan these days is that he either likes them or doesn't, according to how many chocolate chips I put in them. I used so many this time, I had a hard time getting the batter to form a ball. Haha! Oh Ryan, I think you have an addiction.

Ryan's still having fun with the camera. :D




(Day 275)

No comments:

Post a Comment