I wanted to offer some description to the video. First, we called Ryan's parents because his dad was in Denver on a business trip and they didn't want to wait until Saturday to find out. I think Kevin said the sweetest thing the entire video: "I'll be wrapped around her little finger." And what did I hand my mom? I got some clear Christmas ornaments and put on some custom-made vinyl stickers of pink and blue handprints. I made one for each set of parents. I wanted a unique, creative way to tell our parents, and what better for the holiday season?
I've probably watched the video over 100 times today and it never fails to make me cry. My favorite part is when we just sat and watched her heart beating, and could actually see her opening and closing her mouth. It made the whole pregnancy that much more real. We definitely worked for our answer though. When we started, she had her legs crossed at the ankle, so the ultrasound tech started punching my stomach with the wand to try to get her to move around. It hurt! After many attempts, she made me get up and do some jumping Jacks. Our baby went from being extremely shy and modest to being unashamed of spreading eagle. At one point Ryan was like "you can close your legs now!!". Haha! I've said it before, but I was paranoid that I wouldn't believe what they told us the gender was because I've heard horror stories of people getting told wrong. So when she said girl, I was like "are you sure?". She said she was 100% positive! But I'll hold off on buying anything pink until our 20 week appointment....just in case.
Anyway, I could talk about the appointment all day. To sum things up, we are beyond blessed. The adoption took a piece of my heart that I thought would never return until I could hold my own baby. Seeing our little girl got me that much closer to full closure.

(Day 224)


No comments:
Post a Comment