December 18, 2011

Gettin' Bigger

As my pregnancy has progressed, so has my pain. I'm hoping any woman that's been pregnant will be able to relate. My bones and ligaments have been excruciatingly painful. To the point of not being able to walk, roll in bed, or sit for long periods of time. I had this happen with Easton, but it was only first thing in the morning and I was able to walk it off after a bit. This time around, it's constant. It occurred to us this weekend that it's starting to get worse. I can't lift my legs high enough to put my pants on, put on socks, and worst yet is not being able to get into bed. Our bed was already really tall, but now it's too painful for me to get in. So my sweet hubby went out and bought me my very own cinder block to use as a stepping stool. Haha! It works perfectly except for the fact that the cats love to sleep on it. I'm hoping I don't step on them one of these nights during my 10 trips to the bathroom.

We've been taking belly pictures since I was 12 weeks along. I cried for the first few weeks of the pregnancy; getting down on myself for being fat and how I wasn't going to be a cute pregnant woman. We decided to take them anyway. Mainly Ryan wanted me to see the visible change. Tomorrow starts week 19, and I can see/feel a noticeable bump, but to everyone else it just looks like a nice fat bulge that spills over my pants.

We're still trying to get Ryan to feel the baby kick. It was kind of a funny day in that regard. Ryan woke me up in the middle of the night because he noticed that I was laying on my back (a BIG no-no). He was worried that I was going to hurt the baby. What he didn't know was that I had a pillow rolled under one hip and that the baby was going to be fine. Then as we were sitting in church, he got worried again. He asked if she had been kicking at all this morning. She hadn't been, so we started nudging my tummy to try and wake her up. It didn't work. Then, as the congregation started to sing Christmas music, she woke up and started kicking me like crazy. Ryan reached over and put his hand on my stomach, but still couldn't feel anything. I was still touched at the little moment that we had together. She either likes (or dislikes) my singing or really likes Christmas music. This evening we decided to give it another try, and since she seems to like music, we put my iPod on my tummy and waited for her to get her groove on. She started kicking, but not enough for Ryan to notice. So we tried the next best thing: my stethoscope! Ryan can hear her kicking, but can't feel it. Soon enough, Ryan!

I wrapped a towel around it in case I kick it or trip on it...come on, it's inevitable. I guess this is why the cats like sleeping on it.

See what I mean? It just depends where my pants sit. My waistband usually sits right in the center and makes my bump bulge over, hence my wearing my pants "like a grandma." But yeah, I guess I'll just be Mrs. Fat Pregnant Lady for the whole pregnancy. Oh well.


(Day 240)

2 comments:

  1. Don't stress too much about laying on your back, or right side! My doctor said just to make sure you turn if you wake yourself up...most people can't stay sleeping in one position all night! I wish the left side was more comfortable...I can't wait till back and tummy sleeping are in my life again! :) Oh well, it is worth it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd sleep on my back and tummy more if 1) it felt comfortable, and 2) the baby wouldn't kick me to death when I did. :P I feel like she's screaming "AHH, YOU'RE SQUISHING ME!!"

    ReplyDelete