The Christmas party was fun. Ryan's friend had set up a raffle and each person got a designated number of raffle tickets depending on when they arrived. So if you were late, you didn't get many. Ryan and I were the first ones there, which is pretty customary, so we got 8 tickets. We were told there would be some pretty cool prizes, but we were sure our bad luck would outweigh our higher chances of winning. :P They had it catered by Wingers (Ryan's FAVORITE place to eat), so we gorged ourselves on wings and sticky fingers. Then we sat around while everyone enjoyed picking white elephant gifts. I picked an oak toilet paper holder, and Ryan picked a hard camera case thing. I actually really liked it, so it's since become Nanny's. The person that got our General Conference tapes thought they were pretty funny. Then started the raffle. One prize was a gift card to Victoria Secret (pssh, yeah right! We so do NOT need that right now), there was a gift card to Target (which we wanted for our baby fund...no luck), and a gift card to the movies. We already have 3 gift cards to the movies that we haven't used since we got them months ago, so we didn't really care. But guess what? Our raffle number was called for the movie tickets. But Ryan's friend had a special gift for us. Instead of the movie tickets, he surprised us with a big bundle of cute baby stuff that he got just for us. The party was very low-key, so once the big stuff was done, I sat on the couch and chatted with the other wives, while Ryan got in some much-needed male bonding. He dominated at pool, while others tried their luck at darts. It's rare that we get to socialize with anything other than cats, so this was definitely a fun night for us.
Too bad I disgraced my darling wrapping paper by being such a terrible wrapper. My mother taught me better than this!
I KNEW we weren't going to get any pictures at the party, so I decided to take a picture on the way down. It's rare these days that I even bother with my hair or accessories, so I had to capture this amazing sight!
(Day 239)



No comments:
Post a Comment