November 25, 2011

Black Friday-Schmiday

Some years I love Black Friday, some years I hate Black Friday. This year I hated it because I am starting to think it's taking over the holiday season. People are so focused on their toys and deals, they forget what everything is all about. But I did end up wandering out of my house to explore a little. My mom and I had a few things we wanted, so we headed out at around 9 to see what all was left. We went to a few stores and then went out for breakfast. With me being pregnant and her still getting over her surgery, we both pooped out pretty quickly. After an hour or so of shopping, she asked me if I would help her decorate her house. Most people just put up a tree and a few wreaths. Not my mom! She literally has an entire basement full of totes with Christmas decorations. So many, in fact, that she can't find room to put them all anymore. After watching my step-dad lug up about 30 large totes, we dug in. She has two Christmas trees, and hundreds upon hundreds of smaller decorations to set up around the house. I left my hubby at home for all of this, so after setting up one of the trees and countless other decorations, I decided that I needed to go home and see him...or at least eat a little and sleep a lot. She was nice enough, however, to let me have any of the decorations that she couldn't find room for. So when I got home, I decorated a bit more too.

Now I'm off to whip up a batch of homemade cranberry sauce for round two of Thanksgiving with the Goodrich side of the family tomorrow. I'm excited! Hopefully this round doesn't leave me in so much pain. I spent all night moaning in pain, fighting my body's urge to get rid of all the food in my tummy. Moderation this time.

I LOVE these! 4 plates that make a snowman.

Does getting a cookie jar mean that I have to bake more? Dangit!


This garland has cranberries, little plaid boxes, and white mittens with snowman faces. I love it!



(Day 217)

No comments:

Post a Comment