Day 2:
Part of me was dreading this day. We were only just on board and we already had a port to get off at. Usually you get a day in between getting on and getting off again. But hey, I was up for it! We pulled into Ensenada, Mexico for our first port. That morning, I woke up and immediately thought to myself "oh my gosh! What is that smell!?" I had hoped it was just my sensitive pregnancy nose, but Ryan could smell it too. We were worried that a septic line had broken in our room or something. Ryan called down to the front desk and asked to have someone come and figure out where the smell was coming from. I about died from laughter when the lady told Ryan (as tactfully as she could) that the smell was actually Ensenada. The country was stinky!! We had no plans for that day, so we just got off with our group and wandered the markets. I had a hard time with the smell, I won't lie. After a few hours in the hot sun, we decided that it was time to get back on. It wasn't until we were getting on that we realized where the main source of the smell was coming from. There was a group of HUGE sea lions up on shore, right next to the ship. We sat and watched them play and sunbathe before we got back on. We still had a few hours before the ship left, so we decided to go up on deck to sunbathe for a bit. Right as we got up top, a strange, stinky smog moved in and blocked the sun. It actually got quite cold for a bit. Just as the sun was coming back out, a stupid seagull pooped on me!! It was like a nuclear bomb poop too. It exploded all over me. I had it on my face, down my arms, my tummy, my legs. I sat there, frozen, while I made Ryan take a picture before I freaked out. I needed to get back to the room to not only clean off the poop, but scrub the Ensenada stink from my body. Bleh. I didn't like that port at all!
That night we started with our first evening show. We didn't go to any shows on our last cruise because we preferred sitting and talking all night instead. Don't laugh! We were living in separate states at that time, so we wanted all the private time we could get. This time around we saw a bunch of comedians, a hypnotist (which I thought was SO stupid), and an interesting juggler.
(Day 185)







No comments:
Post a Comment