Another get well soon post, but this one is actually directed towards a living, breathing person. My mommy has been stuck at home all day, in pain....with a not-so-loving husband. I felt bad, so I reached out to all of our coworkers to help bring in the love. They were so awesome and I realized how much they really do love my mom. They all chipped in for a small fortune towards a gift for my mom. The big boss paid for a bouquet of flowers, while I was chosen to delegate how the money was spent. I decided to make my mom a "Get well soon...but don't get bored" care package from all the girls. Ryan and I had a really fun time wandering Walmart to find things to keep her busy during her two weeks off. I personally felt that it was a little bit of my mom's own medicine to give her a bunch of silly junk, just like she gives us for every holiday. I only did a little junk. I wanted to stock her up with plenty of chocolate and movies. We ended up getting her chocolate, Pepsi, her favorite movies, a Hello Kitty coloring book, a pocket slot machine game, nail polish for me to paint her nails, gossip magazines (she secretly loves them), and slippers that didn't have to touch the back of her feet....Oh, and balloons! Lots and lots of polka dot balloons. She LOVED the care package. We watched one of the movies while I painted her toes like lady bugs and her fingers like pumpkins. Then Ryan and I enjoyed our favorite Stephen's hot chocolate. I wish I could spend more quality time like that with my mom....P.S. I also did some more decorating of our front porch. Enjoy the pictures!!

For now, her slippers can only sit gently on the top of her feet.
One of these things is not like the other...I wonder if she'll notice that I painted one of them as a ghost. Can you find it?

Pretty flowers from work.

Mmmm, hazelnut is my favorite! And why is Ryan drinking his with a straw?


I have one more spider to add

(Day 177)
No comments:
Post a Comment