October 4, 2011

All Down Hill From There...

I woke up this morning to find it raining outside. Instead of being like everyone else, I actually put a smile on my face and told myself that it was going to be a good day. I like the rain! I was wrong. 10.5 hours of work proved to be too much for me. My coworkers are all deathly ill with what seems like the flu. Why they still come to work, I don't know. But I wanted to scream at the next person that coughed without covering their mouth. I even got my mom to send out an email about being considerate when ill. I decided that it would probably be smart to look into getting my flu shot, and as my mom suggested, my pneumonia shot as well. I went online to Walgreens, found an online flu shot appointment setter, set an appointment for this evening, and patted myself on the back for taking the initiative. I left work 15 minutes earlier than usual to make up for any unexpected traffic or weather issues. Good thing, too! Literally the second I attempted to get onto the freeway, traffic stopped. I sat in completely stopped traffic for almost an hour. AN HOUR!! I looked at my clock to find that it was 5:28 (I'd been sitting there since 4:45), and I still had, what would normally take me 20 minutes in good traffic, ahead of me to pick up Ryan from work. I knew I had blown my 5:40 appointment for my flu shot. Miraculously, whatever accident was holding up traffic was finally cleaned up and I sped off on my way. I got to Ryan's work with about 5 minutes to spare, sped up the street to Walgreens, and by then, my anger level was at 8/10. I was beyond irritated with traffic, the amount of idiotic drivers, and the casual, SLOW way with which everyone around me seemed to be going about. I tried to calm myself down when I got to Walgreens, but oh no, that couldn't be so easy. The pharmacist asked me what I needed and I informed him that I had a 5:40 appointment for a shot. He quickly replied "we don't do appointments", "um, yes you do. I did it online. Would you like to see my confirmation email?" Of course I pulled it out and insisted on showing him. To which he turned to his coworker and asked "do we do appointments online?" She looked at him and I like we were both idiots and shook her head. WHAT THE HECK!? Yes you do!! Go onto your website and inform yourself, please! At that point it didn't matter. He couldn't find my insurance info, so we sat and answered all of the annoying questions he asked. Only to be told that the flu shot wasn't covered, would cost me $31, and the pneumonia shot was $200. Um, yeah, no thanks. So after all of that, my anger level was inching towards a good 13/10, I didn't get my flu shot, and my "good" day is not so good. UGH! Story of my life. Nothing ever goes smoothly for me. NOTHING!!

I'm throwing in the towel. I've ruined both mine and Ryan's evening. I'm heading to bed; no dinner, just sleep. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I wasn't even on the freeway yet, and traffic was stopped. Grr!!

And yes, Mr. Pharmacist, you CAN schedule appointments online. Jerk!


(Day 167)

No comments:

Post a Comment