September 17, 2011

Home From The Hospital

Having worked in a hospital, I was pretty positive that if my dad wasn't discharged by 11 this morning, he would be staying another night. 11 came and went, still no dad. It wasn't until 6 PM that I got to pick him up. I'm convinced that he opted to stay, as to not miss any of the Notre Dame game. He's doing well. I made him one of my favorite beds that my mom used to make me when I was sick. His snoring suggested he liked it.


His room had an amazing full-wall view of downtown Bellevue.

This made me laugh. Several times when I went to hit the elevator UP button, I almost sent the hospital into panic by hitting the Code Blue button. (I didn't ever push it, but I got mighty close) For any of you who don't know what that means, Code Blue means cardiac arrest, AKA dying! I can't for the life of me understand why they would put it right there where everyone instinctively pushes without thinking.


Home at last, back in his favorite spot, watching football.



(Day 150)

No comments:

Post a Comment